Hired Packers & Movers? Here's What They Will Offer You
Moving from one apartment to the other in the same city or relocating to another can be a Herculean task. While earlier we had to depend on ourselves to ensure that everything is packed and moved safely, the services of packers and movers have come to rescue to ensure a smooth relocation.
Packers and movers are service providers that pack and move our belongings including furniture, suitcases, artifacts, and furnishings, among others safely. This helps to ease out the moving process as these service providers become our one stop shop for relocating solutions.
Relocating? Time to call up the packers and movers agency. Take your pick based on whether you are moving within the city or to another. If you are moving within the city, hire a local packer and mover, and if moving to another, pick the service provider that operates in multi-cities. Shortlist on the basis of services provided and take quotations. Pick the one that provides you with maximum services at an affordable cost. Also, credibility check is important. Hence, read customer feedback across their social media platforms and on the company website.
Once, finalised, they should provide you with a document on details about the products that they are moving and ensuring their safety. Read through the document to know the terms and conditions about the safety and security of the belongings and also, the damage policy. A good service provider will have these details intact and will be customer friendly.
Housing.com has partnered with expert service providers, to provide the finest relocation services to our users. Those who are planning to shift their homes, can avail of our packers and movers service for a hassle-free home shifting experience.
So, what are the roles and responsibilities of packers and movers when providing you with their services:
- The packers and movers will provide you with a written assurance of on-time delivery, as decided based on the document. In case there is a delay from their end, the client can claim for losses.
- Once hired, there will be a dedicated team of packers at your home. This team would move with your belongings and deliver it to your new home.
- They will have to provide with their loss and damage policy beforehand for you to take a decision on picking them as your service provider.
- They can provide you with an optional insurance cover for your belongings at a cost. The insurance covers any kind of loss or damage of the possession in an unforeseen circumstance. Once insured, in case of a mishap, you will be compensated.
- It is the responsibility of the team to ensure you are around when the movables are being packed and weighed.
- The service provider has to inform the client in advance about the team that will be serving them. They should provide you with the name, contact details and other necessary information about the team. Once they reach you, ensure that you check their identity cards and cross-check with the information you were provided.
- It is the responsibility of the service provider to allow you to track your belongings while you move on your own. This way you would know the exact location of the movables and also, be sure about them being safe.
- The service provider should give various payment options including cash, debit/credit card, mobile wallets, among others.
Also Read: Is Relocating For Cheaper Rent A Good Move?