Property Rent Rates & Price Trends in Delhi - 2019
National capital Delhi is a popular pick among those who are working in the city or in the National Capital Region (NCR) of Gurgaon, Noida and Faridabad. Migration into the city is appreciable given the presence of many higher educational institutions such as the prestigious Delhi University as well as job opportunities. Delhi also enjoys the attention of various media as it is the centre of economics and politics. Although the property market has seen some bit of saturation, properties on rent in Delhi are very much in demand by locals, non-locals and expats.
If you too are looking at taking up a property on rent in Delhi, where should you turn to?
- In Delhi, 3BHK units are popular. Out of the 4199 rental properties listed on Makaan.com, 13028 properties on rent are 3BHK units. 2BHK units follow this with 10641 properties as of February 2018. You can also find 1BHK and larger configurations such as 3BHK+ properties in the city.
- You can also get affordable properties on rent within Rs 20,000 per month. These are usually smaller units such as 1RK, 1BHK or 2BHK homes on rent. You could turn to Rohini, New Ashok Nagar, sectors of Dwarka, Nagafgarh, Shakarpur Khas, Munirka, Pandav Nagar among others. Note that in localities that have demand such as East of Kailash, Mayur Vihar I, Saket, Malviya Nagar, Greater Kailash I, the concept of 1RK (room, kitchen) is catching up. Such properties on rent in Delhi are in demand and often taken up by single professionals or students. Affordable rent for a smaller apartment is what makes this popular.
- Among upcoming and developing localities that have generated some interest among prospective tenants include Ashok Nagar and Karampura. These localities boast affordable properties on rent. Rajouri Garden and Paschim Vihar have attracted tenants as well for being near job districts. Rental properties in these localities may be in the range of Rs 3,500 to Rs 60,000 per month depending on the size of the apartment, quality of construction, brand of the developer etc. These are the rates of 1BHK, 2BHK, 3BHK and bigger configurations.
- Looking for fully furnished properties on rent in Delhi? Makaan.com listings suggest there are over 6,000 such properties across Delhi. The rent of such homes would be in the range of Rs 10,000 to Rs 10 lakh per month depending on many factors. Some of the popular localities include Golf Links, Defence Colony, Jor bagh, Vasant Vihar among others. Affordable properties on rent that are fully furnished could be in areas such as Patel Nagar, Vasundhara Enclave among others. Check out the full list of fully furnished rental properties here.
- Luxury properties on rent in Delhi are many. Villas, independent homes and apartments on rent in Delhi that command over Rs 1 lakh per month can be found in Shanti Niketan, Vasant Vihar, Greater Kailash, Gulmohar Park, Defence Colony, Civil Lines, Golf Links, Panchsheel Park, Greater Kailash I and II, East of Kailash, Safdarjung Enclave, Pamposh Enclave among others.
- There are close to 1,000 properties on rent in Delhi that are either villas or independent homes. The price range is broad from Rs 4,000 per month for a 1RK to as much as Rs 20 lakh per month for a 7BHK unit in Jor Bagh. The rent may vary from locality to another on the basis of amenities. This is not fixed for localities across Delhi.
Top localities for rent in Delhi with maximum supply
- In Central Delhi, Patel Nagar, West Patel Nagar and IP Extension are popular.
- In East Delhi, Mayur Vihar I, New Ashok Nagar, Laxmi Nagar (near metro) have maximum properties on rent.
- In South Delhi, you can bank on Malviya Nagar, Greater Kailash I and Defence Colony boast 1BHK, 2BHK, 3BHK and even bigger configurations on rent.
- In West Delhi, Rohini, Paschim Vihar and Uttam Nagar can be your pick if you are looking at affordable apartments and independent homes on rent.
|Locality Name||Rental Rates|
|1 BHk||2 BHK||3 BHK|
|Rent range||Avg rent||Rent range||Avg rent||Rent range||Avg rent|
|Uttam Nagar||5,000 - 8,000||6,833.33||8,500 - 20,000||13,500||4,500 - 35,000||14,481.48|
|Uttam Nagar west||4,400 - 11,000||6,330.95||6,000||6,000||11,000||11,000|
|Malviya Nagar||15,000||15,000||25,000 - 27,000||26,000||22,000 - 1.8 L||45,216.99|
|laxmi nagar||5,000 - 15,000||10,000||5,500 - 15,000||10,250||15,000 - 25,000||20,797.1|
|Greater kailash 1||10,000 - 38,000||18,778.57||35,000 - 45,000||40,000||45,000 - 60,000||52,500|
|Saket||4,999 - 14,000||9,499.5||2,050 - 85,000||32,830.8||65,000||65,000|
|Defence Colony||18,000 - 80,000||34,857.14||11,000 - 1.5 L||82,431.67||1.2 L - 1.5 L||1,37,500|
|Safdarjung Enclave||22,000 - 30,000||26,000||12,500 - 1 L||42,806.82||40,000 - 80,000||56,666.67|
|Vasant Kunj||30,000 - 50,000||36,666.67||14,000 - 1.5 L||39,750||40,000 - 2.5 L||1,05,714.29|
|Greater Kailash II||9,000 - 35,000||21,875||25,000 - 65,000||42,615.38||50,000 - 1.2 L||93,750|
|Vasant Vihar||27,000 - 80,000||46,636.36||10,000 - 1.4 L||64,700||1.7 L - 2.1 L||1,95,000|
|Dwarka More||6,500||6,500||10,000 - 15,000||12,500||16,000||16,000|
|Panchsheel Park||6,500||6,500||40,000 - 80,000||55,000||12,500 - 1.2 L||68,750|
|Panchsheel Enclave||-||-||35,000 - 55,000||46,000||45,000 - 2.5 L||1,10,382.99|
|Shivalik||13,000 - 35,000||24,578.95||32,000 - 60,000||42,882.35||35,000 - 2.5 L||61,620.77|
|Sarita Vihar||10,000 - 25,000||12,857.14||35,000||35,000||30,000||30,000|
|Chattarpur||7,500 - 14,000||11,125||8,000 - 25,000||14,756.1||1.5 L||1,50,000|
|Khanpur||11,000 - 12,000||11,500||7,000||7,000||11,000 - 15,000||13,333.33|
|Geetanjali Enclave||32,000||32,000||70,000||70,000||45,000 - 2.5 L||1,40,849.87|
|mayur vihar phase 1||5,500 - 7,000||6,250||9,000 - 25,000||14,983.33||14,000 - 23,000||18,961.54|
|New Friends Colony||40,000 - 50,000||45,000||28,000||28,000||1.3 L||1,30,000|
|Burari||6,000 - 9,000||7,571.43||5,500 - 12,000||9,636.36||12,000 - 15,000||13,833.33|
|Sector 19 Dwarka||10,500 - 17,000||14,812.5||12,000 - 25,000||17,545.45||35,000||35,000|
|Kalkaji||9,000||9,000||18,000 - 50,000||28,550.49||18,000 - 85,000||42,491.23|
|Sector 12 Dwarka||7,000 - 45,000||10,613.64||12,000||12,000||55,000 - 60,000||57,500|
|Sector 22 Dwarka||12,000||12,000||14,000||14,000||22,000 - 42,000||30,830.43|
|Hauz Khas||42,000 - 60,000||51,000||42,000||42,000||1.5 L||1,55,000|
|laxmi nagar near metro station||6,000 - 90,000||11,485.71||9,500 - 25,000||14,774.19||10,000 - 25,000||19,440|
|Sarvodaya Enclave||30,000||30,000||25,000||25,000||46,000 - 2.2 L||1,09,701.91|
|Sarvpriya Vihar||45,000||45,000||35,000 - 65,000||47,789.47||45,000 - 5.8 L||1,14,493.87|
|Sector 6 Dwarka||8,500||8,500||16,500 - 35,000||22,928.57||22,000 - 50,000||29,655.66|
|Green Park Extension||13,000 - 35,000||24,500||30,000 - 65,000||41,681.82||45,000 - 2.4 L||1,20,682.32|
|Sector 23 Dwarka||10,000 - 12,000||11,000||15,000||15,000||16,500 - 35,000||22,833.33|
|Green Park||13,800 - 35,000||25,933.33||1 L||1,00,000||80,000 - 1.2 L||1,00,000|
|Paschim Vihar||4,500 - 29,000||14,500||18,000 - 26,000||21,250||5,500 - 28,000||21,375|
|Greater Kailash||19,000 - 20,000||19,666.67||25,000 - 1.2 L||50,47.62||60,000 - 90,000||78,333.33|
|East of Kailash||18,000 - 40,000||29,000||34,000 - 42,000||38,000||29,000 - 90,000||51,850|
|New Ashok Nagar||3,500 - 11,500||6,760||12,000||12,000||20,000||20,000|
|Sector 10 Dwarka||10,000||10,000||17,000 - 35,000||24,266.67||21,000 - 50,000||31,673.33|
|Sector 11 Dwarka||8,500 - 16,000||12,833.33||18,000 - 30,000||22,900||24,000 - 51,000||31,818.75|
|Dwarka Mor||6,500 - 7,000||6,750||6,500 - 10,000||8,250||-||-|
|Sector 4 Dwarka||-||-||20,000 - 30,000||25,277.78||21,000 - 50,000||29,481.01|
|Sector 7 Dwarka||3,500 - 5,500||4,500||7,000||7,000||20,000 - 45,000||28,559.14|
|Dwarka New Delhi 110075||10,500 - 20,000||14,500||16,000 - 26,000||21,666.67||25,000 - 35,000||30,000|
|Navjeevan Vihar||-||-||60,000 - 75,000||67,500||50,000 - 2.5 L||1,21,167.28|
|Gulmohar park||35,000 - 50,000||38,750||40,000 - 85,000||57,000||1.5 L||1,50,000|
|Anand Niketan||35,000||35,000||50,000 - 1.2 L||70,000||60,000 - 2.7 L||1,56,433.42|
|Lalita Park||8,000 - 20,000||10,425.93||12,000 - 19,000||15,107.14||20,000 - 30,000||22,000|
|Khanpur Deoli||6,000 - 7,500||6,833.33||9,000 - 12,000||11,000||14,000 - 20,000||16,125|
|Hari Nagar||45,000||45,000||7,500 - 22,000||15,875||-||-|
|Jangpura||10,000 - 11,000||10,500||20,000||20,000||11,000 - 3.5 L||77,928.57|
|Neb Sarai||7,500 - 11,000||9,250||11,000 - 30,000||14,946.51||15,000 - 25,000||19,888.89|
|Zone L Dwarka||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Guru Angad Nagar||7,000 - 15,000||10,153.06||12,500 - 19,000||15,204.55||17,000 - 25,000||22,230.77|
|Golf Links||55,000 - 1 L||77,500||1.4 L||1,40,000||1 L - 4.5 L||2,75,000|
|Punjabi Bagh||5,000 - 10,000||6,666.67||30,000||30,000||16,000 - 1 L||42,852.94|