Property Rent Rates & Price Trends in Bangalore - 2018
Bengaluru is one of India’s major skill-centres. The city attracts migrant workforce and given the capability to attract corporate investors, startup enthusiasts and skilled workers, apartments on rent in Bengaluru have high demand throughout the year especially around job districts of the city.
If you are looking at taking up a property on rent in Bengaluru, where should you look?
- In Bengaluru, 3BHK units are more popular. Data with Makaan.com suggest that out of 3728properties on rent in Bengaluru, about 3233properties are 3BHK units. The next popular configuration is 2BHK apartments with as many as 4234 properties available for rent.
- About 10,780 properties on rent are within Rs 20,000 per month in Bengaluru. Those within this range include Whitefield, Electronic City Phase 1, HSR Layout, Horamavu, RR Nagar etc. Those within Rs 10,000 per month include small configurations in Varthur, Ejipura, Ganga Nagar, Jayanagar, Marathahalli, RT Nagar, BTM Layout, CBI Road, Srinagar among others.
- Looking at the top liveable localities in Bengaluru? Kormangala, which has a liveability score of 10 on 10 has over 300 properties on rent in the range of Rs 7,000 to Rs 1.5 lakh per month. Rajaji Nagar with over 380 properties has apartments, independent homes in the range of Rs 7,000 and Rs 2 lakh per month. Ashok Nagar is another popular locality with properties on rent up to Rs 3 lakh per month. You can also look at Malleswaram that has over 80 properties on rent in the price range of Rs 7,500 to Rs 2 lakh per month. These are the rates of 1BHK, 2BHK, 3BHK and bigger configurations.
- In Bengaluru, there is a healthy demand and supply of fully-furnished homes on rent. You can see the entire list of such apartments, independent homes and villas on Makaan.com.
- If you are looking at luxury properties on rent priced above Rs 1 lakh, you could go for localities such as Indira Nagar, Thanisandra, Malleshwaram, Hebbal, Ulsoor, Nagawar, Rajaji Nagar, Whitefield Hope Farm Junction, Benson Town, Doddanekundi, RT Nagar, Lavelle Road, Dollars Colony, Sarjapur Road among others. Luxury properties boast the best of amenities and technology to support it.
- If your pick is villa or independent homes on rent in Bengaluru, there are over 420 options within Bengaluru in the range of Rs 15,000 to Rs 4 lakh per month. Among affordable localities, you could bank on Arekere, RR Nagar, Whitefield, Electronic City Phase 1, Kasavanhalli, Ganga Nagar etc. You could find 1BHK and 2BHK units within Rs 15,000 per month. If you are looking at high-end properties, turn to Lavelle Road, Kannamangala, Bagaluru, Devanahalli, Defence Colony, Whitefield Hope Farm Junction etc.
- In Central Bengaluru, you could look at properties in Frazer Town, Ulsoor and Benson Town. These localities have maximum supply in this region. There are chances you could negotiate too because of the healthy availability.
- In East Bengaluru, Whitefield, HSR Layout, HBR Layout are top picks of tenants.
- In North Bengaluru, Hebbal, Thanisandra and Yelahanka are popular picks.
- In West Bengaluru, Rajaji Nagar, RR Nagar and Yeshwantpur are where you must search for property on rent.
- In South Bengaluru, top rental destinations include Kormangala, Kaikondrahalli and JP Nagar.
- In Bengaluru, the rental yield, that is calculate on the basis of average rates is 4.145973 percent. You could therefore recover 4.145973 percent of the property cost within a year. This is however, just an indicator and could vary from locality to locality.
|Locality Name||Rental Rates|
|1 BHk||2 BHK||3 BHK|
|Rent range||Avg rent||Rent range||Avg rent||Rent range||Avg rent|
|Anekal City||10,000||10,000||8,000 - 12,000||9,750||12,000||12,000|
|Jigani||5,000 - 10,000||6,750||7,500 - 16,000||11,625||15,000||15,000|
|Electronic City Phase 1||6,500||6,500||5,000||5,000||21,000||21,000|
|Whitefield||8,500 - 15,000||14,166.67||24,000||24,000||35,000 - 45,000||40,000|
|Chandapura Anekal Road||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|Yelahanka||10,000||10,000||10,000 - 12,000||11,000||42,000 - 45,000||43,500|
|Whitefield Hope Farm Junction||7,000||7,000||11,000||11,000||1.5 L||1,50,000|
|Sarjapur||11,000 - 16,550||13,209.8||12,000 - 18,000||15,000||20,000||20,000|
|Marsur||-||-||9,000 - 9,500||9,250||22,000 - 26,000||24,000|
|Bellandur||14,000||14,000||21,000 - 40,000||27,000||39,000||39,000|
|Devanahalli||-||-||11,000 - 16,000||13,000||45,000 - 50,000||46,666.67|
|Rajarajeshwari Nagar||6,000 - 15,000||10,500||17,000||17,000||18,000 - 25,000||21,666.67|
|Begur||6,000 - 10,000||8,000||10,500||10,500||30,000||30,000|
|Varthur||3,000 - 7,800||5,654.55||9,000 - 12,000||10,166.67||36,000 - 82,000||48,636.36|
|KR Puram||8,000||8,000||11,000 - 16,000||14,333.33||19,000 - 75,000||47,000|
|Attibele||13,000||13,000||4,000 - 13,000||9,100||-||-|
|Horamavu||6,500 - 11,000||8,166.67||15,000||15,000||45,000||45,000|
|Electronic City Phase 2||4,300 - 9,000||6,200||5,500 - 22,000||12,765||17,500 - 26,000||21,660|
|Mahadevapura||17,500 - 18,000||17,750||15,000 - 16,500||15,750||48,000||48,000|
|Dasarahalli on Tumkur Road||-||-||18,000 - 23,000||20,000||45,000||45,000|
|Talaghattapura||-||-||15,000 - 20,000||16,875||14,000 - 30,000||24,583.33|
|Nagarbhavi||-||-||10,000 - 17,000||14,000||-||-|
|Kannur on Thanisandra Main Road||-||-||17,000 - 28,000||20,975||23,000 - 48,000||30,793.48|
|Jakkur||-||-||15,000 - 35,000||20,750||50,000 - 1.5 L||80,428.57|
|Koramangala||18,000 - 25,000||21,500||16,000 - 20,000||17,333.33||25,000 - 4 L||1,11,428.57|
|Hennur Road||14,500 - 19,000||17,000||14,000 - 27,000||20,500||21,000 - 50,000||29,571.43|
|Budigere Cross||-||-||15,000 - 20,000||17,583.33||18,000 - 35,000||24,750|
|Hebbal||12,000||12,000||15,000 - 29,000||25,875||20,000 - 35,000||27,500|
|Banaswadi||10,000 - 18,000||13,500||10,000||10,000||45,000||45,000|
|Harlur||-||-||25,000||25,000||28,000 - 50,000||38,666.67|
|Kanakapura Road Beyond Nice Ring Road||-||-||12,000 - 18,000||14,250||16,000 - 21,000||18,500|
|Rajaji Nagar||-||-||28,000 - 1.2 L||57,750||32,000 - 1.5 L||79,412.28|
|HSR Layout||10,000||10,000||12,000 - 2.2 L||27,20.83||50,000 - 1.1 L||75,000|
|Ramamurthy Nagar||4,500 - 8,750||6,625||16,000 - 18,000||17,000||16,000 - 31,000||22,857.14|
|Subramanyapura||9,500||9,500||16,000 - 22,000||18,437.5||19,000 - 28,000||24,444.44|
|Yeshwantpur||-||-||11,500||11,500||24,000 - 75,000||39,87.84|
|Narayanapura on Hennur Main Road||-||-||17,000 - 23,000||19,500||27,000 - 32,000||28,785.71|
|Bommasandra||6,500 - 25,000||12,750||10,000 - 25,000||15,666.67||17,000||17,000|
|Yelahanka New Town||8,000||8,000||20,000||20,000||28,000||28,000|
|Chamarajpet||27,000||27,000||15,000 - 20,000||17,000||45,000||45,000|
|Bagaluru Near Yelahanka||-||-||-||-||55,000||55,000|
|Sarjapur Road Till Wipro||7,000 - 15,500||11,500||15,000 - 19,700||17,350||32,000 - 45,000||36,333.33|
|White Field||5,000 - 17,000||12,800||17,000 - 19,000||18,000||40,000 - 42,000||41,000|
|Jalahalli||-||-||13,500 - 45,000||23,321.67||16,000 - 45,000||27,516.13|
|Sarjapur Road Wipro To Railway Crossing||-||-||23,000 - 28,000||25,500||22,000 - 30,300||26,100|
|Marathahalli||5,900 - 9,500||7,988.89||8,000 - 60 L||20,06,500||22,000||22,000|