Home Sutra: Vastu Tips For Floor Design
As homeowners, we aim towards having that perfect floor design which not just adds beauty but also ensures longevity of the living space. The right selection of materials, colours and pattern for the house flooring is important even from Vastu perspective for attracting positive energies and keeping away negativities.
Here's a quick Vastu guide for the right floor design:
- Flooring near the main door or the house entrance must be elevated than the ground level by three or four inches.
- Dark floor colours are not recommended according to Vastu principles. Pastel colours or earthy shades such as dull green or grey are more suitable.
- Structural defects such as craters or cracks on the floor are a Vastu defect.
- Undertake repairs immediately or cover the floor using a carpet or a mat.
- When opting for a patterned floor design, avoid using circular or triangular patterns.
- Natural stones such as granite are ideal flooring options. However, do not install marble flooring inside the house.