Home Sutra: Where Should You Keep Your Important Papers?
Having a file cabinet or a safe for storing documents such as bank statements, academic files, property deeds, etc., is essential for every household. Organising the papers helps in saving valuable time spent searching for them later. It is wise to follow some Vastu rules when keeping important documents at home.
Below listed are some useful Vastu tips:
- Store all the important documents inside a closed cabinet or a safe.
- Keep the cabinet containing the documents in the south-west or the north direction.
- Ensure there is no beam or loft on the ceiling where the cabinet is placed.
- Legal documents related to court cases should not be kept with other documents. They should be placed separately in a wooden box in the north-east corner of the house.
- Do not keep legal documents in the south, the west or the south-east corner.