Home Sutra: Where Should You Keep Your Cleaning Agents?
It is believed that a neat and clean house attracts wealth. Vastu also emphasises the importance of keeping the house clutter-free for attracting positive energies. To carry out the task, we keep cleaning equipment such as brooms, mops, scrubs and vacuum cleaners. These cleaning supplies should, however, be stored in a closet as it can indicate loss of wealth from the household if kept exposed.
Here are some Vastu tips on placement of your cleaning agents:
- Brooms and mops should be kept in the west or north-west corner of the house.
- Do not keep them in the puja room, the south-east or the north-east direction.
- Keeping cleaning tools in the bedroom is also not advised as it can affect the relationship between spouses.
- It is important to keep the mops and brooms hidden as they should not be visible to the guests from the main entrance of the house.
- Remember to place the brooms horizontally as vertically placed brooms are regarded inauspicious.
- Never use old or broken brooms. They should be replaced on a Saturday.