Home Sutra: What Does Vastu Say About Keeping Pets?
Pets make our lives interesting. For instance, the feeling of being greeted by your dog at the end of a busy day is priceless. These harmless beings, which give us happiness and warmth like a family member, have the right to proper care and protection. Vastu talks about certain dos and don'ts for the benefit of pets and their owners.Vastu talks about certain dos and don'ts for the benefit of pets and their owners.
- Create space for your pet preferably in the north, the northwest and the east direction, where they are believed to remain more cheerful and healthy. Avoid keeping them in the southeast or the southwest direction as it can make them restless.
- A dog kennel must be constructed in the north direction. However, do ensure that it is not placed near the entrance of the house.
- Ensure that the area where your pets are kept is well-ventilated with ample fresh air and natural light.
- Animals such as cows, buffalo, horses, parrots, fish, frog and turtles prove to be good pets as they symbolise good fortune and attract positive energies.
- Vastu does not encourage keeping cats as pets since they are associated with several myths and bring bad luck.
- Pets should be taken to the vet regularly.
- Leaving the pets unattended and crying can create negative vibrations in the house.
- Never curb the freedom of the animals or birds by confining them into a cage.