Home Sutra: Vastu Tips For Wardrobes
A cluttered room is not only an eyesore; it is also counted as a Vastu-related defect. Your bedroom, for instance, is an area where you seek peace and tranquillity. This is why it is important to organise to attract positivity. Organising your wardrobe could be the simplest way to keep your items. Vastu prescribes certain rules when placing wardrobes in the bedroom. Let us have a look at them:
- The south-west direction is ideal for placing bedroom wardrobes or cabinets or cupboards. If not possible, the north-west is another suitable direction. However, a heavy almirah should be placed either on the south or the west wall.
- To avoid obstruction of flow of positive energies, make sure the wardrobes do not touch the walls, and are placed at least three inches away from the wall.
- Place articles of furniture in a way that their doors open towards the east or the south direction.
- Light colours are recommended for cabinets.
- Install furniture of standard shapes such as square or rectangle, and avoid unbalanced shapes such as oval, circle or triangle. Use regular materials for the cabinets or cupboards such as wood instead of marble or other stones.
- Wardrobes with mirrors are common, but the mirrors should not reflect the person sleeping on the bed as it attracts negative energies which can affect the health.