Home Sutra: Vastu Tips For Storing Food
Food items have short shelf-life which is why they should be stored properly. This is where our refrigerator comes into picture. However, not everything can be stored in the refrigerator. Creating a moisture-proof, mini storage area for some dry goods such as pulses, cereals, nuts, etc., in the kitchen is a must for every household.
Here are certain Vastu tips that you should follow for maintaining this storage space:
- Grains for daily use must be stored in the north-west direction whereas annual provisions can be kept in the south-west direction.
- Fruits and vegetables should be placed in the east or the south-east corner.
- Empty containers in the granary room are not considered auspicious. They should be filled up with some edible item or disposed if not in use.
- Oil, ghee and other liquid items can be stored in the south-east corner of the room. The south-east is regarded as the aagneya direction and hence inflammable materials can be kept here.
- Choose light colours such as white, blue or yellow for the walls where the food items are kept.