Home Sutra: Vastu Tips For Placement Of Bookshelf
An avid reader, with a huge collection of books, cannot imagine their living room and even bedroom without a bookshelf. From corner shelves to ladder shelves and from wall-mounted cabinets to a complete wall turned into a bookshelf, there are ample options one could explore for a well-arranged reading corner. But, before you create a corner, here are some Vastu tips you could follow when placing a bookshelf.
- Install the bookshelf on the south or west walls or corner of the house
- Avoid placing them in the centre of the room and it is advisable to leave the area empty
- Do not place them directly above a study table as it can create stress for the student
- Keep the doors of the cabinets closed to avoid having a direct view of huge number of books
- Organise the cabinet by arranging the books properly and ensure it is free of dust and clutter