Home Sutra: Vastu Tips For Flower Display
Adorning your house with fresh flowers is an easy home-décor option. Flowers make for the best decorative items for special occasions, too. Live flowers can be placed in glass jars, ceramic vases, traditional flower pots or even water-filled bowls to create a cheerful atmosphere and brighten up one's spirits. Vastu says that fragrance of fresh flowers in the house is sure to bring good luck and positive energies.
So, reach out to the nearest florist and plan you flower display. But, make sure you keep the following tips in mind when placing the flowers at home:
- Fresh and colourful flowers attract good luck, peace and prosperity in the household.
- Placing a bowl of fresh water filled with flowers near the house entrance facing the main door is considered auspicious and lucky. Do remember to replace the water regularly.
- Keeping artificial flowers is not recommended as it can lead to trust issues in relationships. However, artificial flowers represent Bhumi Tatva and thus should be included in homes which lack the earth element.
- Do not keep wilting or dried flowers because they can attract negative energies. Weed them out regularly.
- Place a yellow-coloured flower vase in the south or the south-west corner to control wasteful expenses.
- Choose a green or blue flower vase for the north or the north-east corner to attract wealth.