Home Sutra: Vastu Tips For Duplex Homes
Duplex homes are gaining popularity among buyers for the many comforts that they offer. These two-storeyed buildings with an inner staircase are suitable for large-sized families. While the staircase a key part of duplex houses, Vastu says that inner staircase can create stagnation in the household and affect your overall growth. This defect can be simply eliminated by lighting incense sticks in the home every evening.
If you reside in a duplex house or are planning to design and construct one, remember the following Vastu tips:
- Construct the staircase in the south, the south-west or the north-west directions.
- It is important to design the staircase in a clockwise direction. If this is not possible, place a plant at the end of the staircase.
- Always keep the area near the staircase well lit.
- Make sure the number of steps is in odd numbers.
- First floor should be utilised as bedroom or study rooms.
- Do not place heavy furniture on the upper floor.
- The ceiling height of first floor must less than that of the lower floor.