Home Sutra: Vastu Tips For Doors, Windows
Doors and windows are essential parts of a home. While doors solve the prime purpose of keeping our privacy, windows help us stay connected with the world outside. The former keeps us protected, the latter keeps us alive by keeping us in contact with the sun and the air. At the same time, both of these add to the aesthetic appeal of our homes.
Here are some Vastu tips you may like to follow while constructing doors and windows:
- Doors and windows must always be consistent in shape, preferably rectangular.
- A doorway in the eastern direction is considered auspicious.
- Make sure the windows and the doors are not facing the southwest direction.
- Automatic doors must be avoided as they affect your children's health.
- Cracked doors or windows must be repaired immediately as they are inauspicious.
- Doors and windows should be in even numbers such as 2, 4, 6 and 8 or multiples of 8.
- Teak is the best wood for constructing doors and windows.
- Make sure that the doors are not placed at the centre of a wall.
- Make sure that the doors are adorned with auspicious decorative items.
Read More: Vastu Tips For A Home With Aligned Doors