Home Sutra: Vastu Tips For Bed Placement
Your bed may be the most elegant-looking article of furniture in your house. However, it can affect your physical health if it is not rightly positioned. This is true not only from a scientific angle but also from the perspective of Vastu. According to Vastu, the direction you face while sleeping influences you sleeping pattern. Therefore, your bed must be positioned in a Vastu-friendly manner.
Here are some useful tips for placing the bed in your home:
- The bed should not be placed facing the bathroom door or under a window or in a way that it obstructs the door.
- Position the headboard accordingly so that you sleep towards the south or the east direction.
- If there is a mirror in the bedroom, keep it in a way that it does not reflect the bed as it can disturb your sleep.
- Any kind of clutter under the bed can make energies stagnant and hinder their smooth flow. Remove them immediately.
- A supporting wall behind your bed is considered ideal. However, ensure there is a gap of at least three inches between the bed and the wall.
- Storage beds are popular nowadays but do not store metal or leather objects in your bed.