Home Sutra: Vastu Tips For Bathroom
Bathroom is a place to relax and unwind, and requires the same amount of care as any other space in the house. To spruce up the bathroom area, we usually invest in new fixtures and fittings. Updating bath accessories with designer faucets or shower valves will not only give an artistic touch to the space but also a comfortable bathing experience. Vastu lays importance not just for positioning of the bathroom but also on the exact placement of bath fittings. Improper arrangements of taps or similar fixtures can catch negative energies.
Vastu tips to follow while building bathrooms:
- Base your bathroom in the north or the north-west portion of the home.
- Avoid placing the bathroom in the south, the south-east and the south-west direction. This creates a negative effect on the health of the family members.
- Vastu suggests that the mirror should be placed on the northern or the eastern wall.
- The south-east corner is a perfect location for the installation of geyser and other electrical appliances.
- The bathroom door must be placed in the north or the east direction.
- In the bathroom, use of light colours is recommended.
Directions for bathroom fittings
*Taps, mirrors and showers should be installed in the north corner of the room.
*Items such as bathtubs, wash basins and sinks should be fixed in the west, the east or the north-east direction.
*Water closets or commode should be placed in the west, the south or the north-west direction.
*The seat must be aligned to face the east or the west.
Dos and don'ts
- Vastu experts suggest there must be not more than three taps in the washroom area. This can result in a financial setback for the household. The defect can be rectified by placing a piece of copper on the bathroom door and does not require any plumbing.
- Leaking taps should be repaired immediately as wastage of water indicates loss of money.