Home Sutra: Vastu Tips For Balcony
A balcony is a great place to sit and unwind after a long tiring day. It is a place where you can enjoy yourself in the company of your loved ones. But, to do so, it is important to construct the balcony following the rules of Vastu.
- The perfect location to base the balcony is in the north direction. This is mainly because the west and the south sides are extremely hot.
- If you are constructing the balcony in the southwest corner of your home, it must be roofed and closed.
- Placement of heavy furniture must be done in the south-western, the southern or the western corner of the balcony.
- Plants can be kept in the north-east side of the balcony.
- Ensure that the roof of the balcony is lower than the roof of the main building.
- Avoid using tin or asbestos for constructing the roof of a balcony.