Home Sutra: Vastu And South Direction
According to Vastu, the south direction is ruled by Yama, the lord of death. This is why you have to be mindful of many things to make the best use of this direction
Here are some of the Vastu tips:
- Position the store in this direction.
- Place closets and furniture in this direction.
- Avoid keeping open spaces such as lawns and gardens in the south direction.
- Avoid keeping water borings, pumps and underground water tanks in this direction.
- Construct the staircase of the building in the south direction.
- Make sure that the south wall is higher than the north wall.