Home Sutra: Vastu And Family Photos
Family photos that adorn your walls are a great way to give a personal touch to your home décor. Thoughtfully framed family pictures can tell a story and make you cherish your memories while also beautifying the house. Be mindful that pictures and paintings need to be placed in the recommended directions so that they invoke positive feelings and creates good impression on the guests.
Here are some useful Vastu tips to follow when placing family photos in the house:
- Place family photographs at walls falling in the south-west direction. It helps strengthen relationships.
- The walls falling in the north or the east should not be used to place family photos.
- Hanging pictures of loved ones or ancestors in the south-east or the north-east wall is not recommended.
- You can hang pictures of children in the east corner or wedding photographs of married couple in the east wall of the bedroom.
- Pictures depicting anger or sadness can create disturbances and should be avoided.
- Images of late ancestors can be placed on the southern walls or the west or the south-west walls.
- Do not place pictures of late ancestors in the puja room or bedroom. Instead, place them in the living room.