Home Sutra: Vastu And Ceilings
Ceilings are the most crucial yet often neglected areas of our homes. Having the right ceiling design is a must to ensure smooth flow of energies. With false ceilings becoming the latest trend in interior designs, it becomes necessary to follow certain Vastu guidelines to prevent any attack by negative forces.
Here's a quick guide to make the ceilings of your house Vastu compliant:
- Colour the ceilings in light and neutral hues i.e. white or off-white. Avoid painting them in dark colours such as blue, black or grey as they can bring bad luck.
- If you wish to include patterns for your ceilings, go for square patterns in the centre of the house as this area is regarded as the abode of Brahma. Similarly, opt for rectangular patterns for rooms located in the eastern part of the house. This will help in improving social standing for your family and boost career growth.
- Never place mirrors on the ceilings as they can lead to bad dreams.
- Vastu emphasises on symmetry during house construction. Sloped or unsymmetrical ceilings can invite sleeplessness, stress or mental problems.
- Modern apartments have ceilings of reduced height which is not in compliance with vastu principles. The ideal height of a ceiling should be 10 to 12 feet.