Home Sutra: Make Your Home Parent-Friendly With These Vastu Tips
With ageing parents at home, we do our best to give them all possible comforts in life. It also becomes necessary to design the house to suit their needs and ensure safety. Some Vastu guidelines if followed while setting up your parents’ bedroom can do wonders in attracting energies for good health and harmony in the family.
Here’s a quick guide for planning parents’ or old couple’s bedroom in a Vastu-friendly manner:
- The Ideal direction for the bedroom of an aged couple is in the south-west corner of the house.
- The south-west direction is best for attached toilets. If doing so is not possible, other suitable directions are the east or the south-east.
- Never place the bed below concrete or iron beams as that can cause health issues.
- Keep religious books or other literature on the shelf in the west part of the room.
- Hang pictures of deities in the eastern corner. Avoid paintings that depict negative aspects of life such as death or violence.
- Lighter shades for wall and bed linen is recommended.