Home Sutra: What Would Be The Perfect Gift For Your Loved Ones This Diwali?
The tradition of exchanging gifts during festivals such as Diwali is a representation of expressing love, good wishes and appreciation towards our family and friends. Nowadays, people are looking beyond traditional gifts such as sweets or decoratives. However, since gifting is an art, selecting the perfect gift for your dear ones can be tough. Vastu also lays restrictions on some gift items, which could be sources of negative energies.
Here is a quick guide when selecting gifts for your friends and family:
- Gifting silver items or idol of Lord Ganesha is considered lucky for both the giver and receiver.
- Diyas and fragrant candles are excellent gift options as they bring peace and prosperity in the household.
- Bamboo is associated with good luck; gifting bamboo stalks or plants is auspicious.
- Gifting aquariums, water bottles or small fountains will pass good luck from the giver to the receiver. Since these products contain water element, it is important to know the right Vastu directions to ensure positivity.
- Avoid gifting items with sharp corners such as scissors or knives. Similarly, do not gift things used for personal hygiene, say, handkerchiefs, socks and towels, as it can affect relationships.
- Wrapping gifts in bright coloured sheets such as gold or red is regarded auspicious. Do not wrap gifts in old, torn or used papers.