Property prices in Mumbai remained stable in December 2011 - says Makaan.com Property Index
Makaan.com Property Index – City level
- Monthly Trend: The property prices in Mumbai have remained stable in the last one month. The Index in December 2011 stands at 1526 as against 1513 in November 2011.
- Quarter Analysis: Over the last 3 months, property prices in Mumbai remained stable - it has moved from 1501 in September 2011 to 1526 in December 2011.
- Year-on-Year Movement: As compared to last year, the Mumbai Property Index in December 2011 has increased by 21.8%. Prices in cities had dropped significantly in the second quarter of 2010 due to the economic slowdown. From thereon, the prices have been rising steadily, with minor highs and lows.
- City Level: Over the last 1 year,i.e. between December 2010 to December 2011, all the cities saw a significant increase in property prices. Property prices in Kolkata, Bangalore and Chennai witnessed maximum appreciation.
- Going forward: Indian Real Estate market is going through a challenging phase with multiple macro economic headwinds like poor liquidity for developers, increased cost of construction, high land prices, delayed projects, high interest rates. These factors are keeping the home buyers away from the market. Over the coming months the property prices in India are likely to move in a narrow range with a slight negative bias.
Last Updated: Fri Feb 17 2012