Property prices in Kolkata appreciated by 5.44% in November 2011 - says Makaan.com Property Index
Makaan.com Property Index – City level
- Monthly Trend: The property prices in Kolkata have appreciated by 5.44% in the last one month. The Index in November 2011 stands at 1438 as against 1364 in October 2011.
- Quarter Analysis: Over the last 3 months, Kolkata MPI has seen an increase of 20.41% - it has moved from 1194 in August 2011 to 1438 in November 2011
- Year-on-Year Movement: As compared to last year, the Kolkata Property Index in November 2011 has increased by 18%. Prices had dropped significantly in the second quarter of 2010 due to the economic slowdown. From thereon, the prices have been rising steadily, with minor highs and lows.
- City Level: Over the last 1 year,i.e. between November 2010 to November 2011, all the cities saw a significant increase in property prices. Property prices in Bangalore, Chennai and Pune witnessed maximum appreciation.
- Going forward: Indian Real Estate market is going through a challenging phase with multiple macro economic headwinds like poor liquidity for developers, increased cost of construction, high land prices, delayed projects, high interest rates. These factors are keeping the home buyers away from the market. Over the coming months the property prices in India are likely to move in a narrow range with a slight negative bias.
Last Updated: Fri Feb 17 2012