Property prices in Ahmedabad remain stable in September 2011 - says Makaan.com Property Index
Makaan.com Property Index – City level
- Monthly Trend: Property prices in Ahmedabad remain stable in the last one month. The Index in September 2011 stands at 2097 as against 2091 in August 2011.
- Quarter Analysis: Over the last 3 months, the MPI has seen a drop of 5% - it has moved from 2200 in June 2011 to 2097 in September 2011.
- Year-on-Year Movement: As compared to last year, the Ahmedabad Property Index in September 2011 has increased by 29%. Prices had dropped significantly in the third quarter of 2010 due to the economic slowdown. From thereon, the prices have been rising steadily, with minor highs and lows over the last 3 quarters.
- City Level: Over the last 1 year,i.e. between September 2010 to September 2011, all the cities saw a significant increase in property prices. Chandigarh, Chennai and Pune witnessed maximum appreciation.
- Going forward: Indian Real Estate market is going through a challenging phase with multiple macro economic headwinds like poor liquidity for developers, increased cost of construction, high land prices, delayed projects, high interest rates. These factors are keeping the home buyers away from the market. Over the coming months the property prices in India are likely to move in a narrow range with a slight negative bias.
Last Updated: Tue Dec 06 2011