Ways To Improve Vastu of Existing Home Without Making Architectural Changes
In today's world, each one of us is in a race of being successful and powerful. Being fueled by positive energy and supportive house/workplace are the key ingredients of a blissful and successful life. And here, Vastu plays an important role. Scientific studies conducted in this area have proven that positive surroundings and good vibes do maximum contribution to the success of individuals. Though most people curse their stars for the discontent and unhappiness; there are other forces working towards your unsuccessful life that cause you mental stress and bad health. These forces are caused when you go against the Vastu principles.
As per Mahha Guru Gauravv Mittal, the meaning of Vastu is dwelling, which is the home for god and humans. Vastu Shastra is based on various energies that come from the atmosphere like solar energy from the sun, cosmic energy, lunar energy, thermal energy, magnetic energy, light energy, and wind energy. These energies can be balanced to enhance peace, prosperity, and success. If a house is made according to the Vastu principles, the inmates enjoy all the happiness in life but if it is against principles, it will be a place for all sorts of problems, worries, and restlessness. Vastu considered the interplay of various forces of nature involving the five elements of Earth, water, wind, fire and ether and strives to maintain equilibrium as these elements influence, guide and change the living styles of not only human beings but every living being on earth.
Do it yourself to improve Vastu
We all care about our homes and spend time, effort and money, trying to make them more comfortable. Once the house is constructed, it's not so easy to make the structural changes. Here are some of the remedies suggested by Mahha Guru – Gauravv Mittal that you can do yourself to to remove or lessen the Vastu dosha and bring prosperity in life.
- Allow a bright light on the main door.
- Avoid keeping a television in the bedroom. Televisions and computers should ideally be placed in the southeast corner of the living room or study room and not in the northeast corner or southwest corner.
- Avoid keeping any water feature or plants in the bedroom.
- Do not use separate mattresses and bedsheet.
- Arrange the furniture to form a square or a circle or an octagon.
- Brighten the corners.
- Place a picture of a bright sunrise on the southern wall in the living room.
- Dining room should not expose to the front door of your house.
- Never put a mirror in the kitchen.
- Keep the broom and mops out of the sight in the kitchen.
- Keep the bathroom and toilet door closed as much as possible.
- Windows should open outward normally.
- Do not keep prickly cactus, or other such plants in the house.
- Place an aquarium in the northeast corner of the living room. An aquarium with nine gold fishes and one black fish, in the northeast corner/portion of the house, is very good.
- Place a happy family picture in the living room.
- Ensure there are no high trees like Banyan, Pipal, Thornytrees whose reflection falls on your house.
- There should not be obstructive houses surrounding your plot.
- The house should be airy with enough water resource.
- The toilet seat should be installed on the south or west wall.
- One should never hoard stale food, withered flowers, torn clothes, waste paper, waste materials, empty tins, old jars and useless things. These things prevent Lakshmi from entering the house.
- If the house has marble flooring, see that the old leather shoes are not lying here and there. Marble is considered to be a holy stone. If possible avoid marble in the bedroom, bathroom, and toilet. In a place of worship in the house, it is necessary to have an open atmosphere. Use marble in the Puja room. Take care that there is enough light and air.
- Since the toilet should not be near worship room; if at all its there, then it should not be used and should be kept clean always.
- Keep cleanliness. Use sea salt and Gau Mutr (Cow urine) to wipe.
- Light incense sticks daily basis in the evening in the house temple.
- When sitting for worship, keep your face towards northeast.
- Cash boxes should be kept in the south direction of the room and the door of the almirah should open towards the north.
- Telephones can be placed in the southeast or northwest corner.
- The northeast area has to be kept clean, the wellbeing of male issues is found to be precarious if not kept clean.
- One should sleep with his head pointing towards the south.
- Students should be facing east while studying, for academic excellence.
- Keep the gas in the southeast corner of the kitchen; Person should face the east while cooking.
- Drinking water should be in the northeast of the kitchen.
- The statue of Lord Hanuman should not be placed in southeast. It may be a cause of a fire hazard.
- The hinges of doors should be noiseless. The hinges may be greased periodically.
- Bed should not be put under a beam.
- Efforts should be made a leave the rooms open on the northeast side.
- Almirahs and beds should be set very close to the southwest wall and at a distance from the northeast wall.
- A house should not have paintings which depict depressing scenes, i.e. like an old woman crying, scenes of war or poverty. It should have a picture of say, a sunrise, an ocean, mountains, flowers or laughing children.
- Tall trees are nowhere recommended close to the main building. For trees, the south in itself is good and so is the west. No tree should be grown in the north and the east.
- Small decorative plants and shrubs may be grown in the north and the east. The height should not exceed, say, half a meter at the northeast increasing gradually to not more than 1.5 meters as one moves from the northeast to the northwest or to the southeast end.
- Except for rose and a few medicinal ones, all thorny plants give rise to tensions in the environment. Plants exuding white sap should also be kept off.
- Amongst the beneficial plants, the best is Tulsi. It is recommended to keep at least one Tulsi plant in the northeast area of the premises, but its height should not exceed 1.5 meters.
- Growing creepers/climbers with support on the compound wall or a house wall is best avoided.
Vastu dosha remedy by means of puja/yagya and vedic upay
- Ganesh pooja, navagrah shanti and pooja of Vastu purush.
- Navachandi Yagya, shantipath, agnihotra yagya.
- Vastu purush idol, nag or snake made of silver, copper wire, pearl, and powla. All these items to be put in a red cloth with red earth and keep that in the east direction.
- Red sand cashewnut, powla in red cloth - keep that in the west direction on Tuesday and worship it with seemed incense. This will bring peace in the house.
- Daily worship the entrance step, worship with Swastik, Shubh-Labh etc. with Rice and Kumkum.
- Rakhshoghna sukta jaap, homa and anusthan should be done.
- Recite this mantra 12,500 times - starting from Tuesday - minimum 108 times daily till 12,500 are over "Om Namo Bhagvati Vaastu Devtay Namah" - Do Dasamsa Home in the end.
- Prayers to Vaastu Purush.
- If South-West is cut or there is uneasiness in the family, do Pitrushanti, Pindadan, Nagabali, Narayan Bali etc.
- Do Rudri every Monday and every no-moon day.
- Keep photo or idol of Ganpati in the house.
- The house which is vacant since some years should be taken in use after doing Vastu Shanti. After doing Vaastu Shanti – do not keep that house empty for more than three months.
- Never keep underground cellar empty.
- Light a lamp every evening near the waterpot in the house.
- Do Grah Shanti every year.
- If the water boring has been dug in the wrong direction of the house or the factory, then place the picture of Panchmukhi Hanuman, facing southeast to the boring.
- If a naked wall is seen while entering into a flat, then either a picture or a statue of Lord Ganesha should be placed there or a Shree Yantra. The naked wall is a sign of loneliness.
- If high-voltage overhead wires pass over a house, then a plastic pipe filled with lime should be erected from one corner to the other of the affected area in such a manner that its both ends should remain outside by at least three feet each. This will eliminate the evil effects of energy being generated out of the overhead wire.
Have you Vastu-fied your home yet? If not, do it now and see how life becomes happy and prosperous.