Save More: Money-Saving Hacks At Home
The recent increase in your salary seem to have been of no help. Your bonus, too, was spent in making your ends meet. No matter how hard you try, you always find yourself in a situation where your expenditure far exceeds your income. However, your home could be instrumental in assisting you save better.
Paint the exterior wall light
Paint the exterior walls and roof of your home with light colours. Dark colours tend to absorb more, making the interiors warmer. In turn, your air-conditioner will require more energy and your electricity bill will shoot. You can also get your windows a covering with the plastic film, which is also a technique to save cooling and heating costs. To block the sunlight from making your home warm, plant some trees around your home to keep the surroundings cooler.
Adjust the AC temperature
Set the temperature of your air conditioner at 26 degrees Celsius during the summers and 20 degrees Celsius during the winters. While these temperatures are apt to give you comfortable environment at home, they also cut electricity consumption.
Switch to CFL and LED bulbs
LED bulbs and CFLs save electricity when compared to an incandescent bulb. These energy savers in turn will also save your electricity bill.
Another simple strategy to save money is to save money spent on groceries. Make a grocery list while going for shopping so that you don't overspend. There are many online portals that offer shopping coupons and schemes. However, don't buy things only because they are available on sale. Buy only what you must buy.
Pay in cash
Whenever you are out for shopping, pay in cash instead of using plastic money. It has been observed that people tend to spend more when they make payments through credit or debit cards.
- Switch off the lights when not in use.
- Close taps when not in use.
- Grow some vegetables in your own kitchen garden to save money on groceries.
- Learn to mend small repairs at home to save labour costs.
- Rather than spending on buying new books, take a library membership and borrow books from there.
- Do not waste food. Cook and take only that much on your plate which you can consume.
- Instead of quantity, focus on quality while buying things. Quality products will stay with you for long.