8 Tips To Secure Your Dream Abode
Only a 'secure house' can be a 'dream home'. A house needs to be strong enough to ensure security to its occupants. With surging crime rates, one has to use the best security measures available. Here are 8 tips to check the security of a house.
1. Check whether strong iron grills are used in doors and windows.
2. Check for the locks. They need to be of good quality and known brands. Strong triple locks are advisable.
3. All the latches and bolts used must be strong and of high quality.
4. Check the windows close to the doors. Anyone can open them up and open the door through it. Try installing strong iron grills for such windows. Latches used for such windows must be of superior quality.
5. Look for peepholes on the door. If there are, it is advisable to fix them.
6. A safety chain for the doors adds extra layer of protection.
7. Check the fence around the compound or house. Fences need to be tall enough so that it is not easy for thieves to jump into the compound of your house.
8. Modern houses do install burglar alarms that ring even at a smallest attempt of struggle to open doors and windows.