5 Ways To Create A Perfect Outdoor Living Room
Nature is one of the most effective antidotes to our stressful urban life. Most of us tend to escape to hill stations or places with scenic beauty whenever we can take a break from our regular work life. But what if you could create an open-air living room within the comforts of your home? A room which brought you all the natural elements to give you a feeling of being amidst nature all the year round?
You can create a relaxing and stylish outdoor living space or outdoor room that can greatly increase the appeal and value of your home and provide a retreat to your family and friends.
MakaanIQ takes a look at a few ways in which you can decorate your own outdoor living room:
- One of the most popular outdoor room styles you could explore is an enclosed gazebo or pergola covered with colourful outdoor curtains. These curtains act as the framing of this outdoor room, and also offer the required shade on sunny days.
- Another outdoor room idea is to create an arch, trellis or doorway leading to your outdoor room. This structure can give you the distinct feeling of entering a brand new space. Add the much-needed drama to the design by adding colourful climbing plants on the frame.
- Fencing is another great way to frame an outdoor room. Latticework, bamboo, weathered barn wood or even shrubs can create a stylish boundary for your outdoor living space. Once installed, you could decorate the fence further with lighting.
- Outdoor living rooms can be used all the year around when covered and paired with a fireplace.
- Why stick with the furniture only on the patio or deck? Create an outdoor living room that really embraces the outdoors by positioning your furniture in an area of your garden that is planted with grass.