All You Need To Know About BDA Kempegowda Layout
In order to cater to the growing housing needs of local population , Bengaluru Development Authority had identified a site near Mysuru Road and Yeshwantpur along NICE Road to form Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Layout. While the work on the project was started in 2003, the allotment has started very recently. The layout will be home to 7.5 lakh people, once developed to full potential.
Here is all you need to know about KG layout-
KG Layout is being developed in an area of over 4,000 acres and 27 guntas of land in Kengeri and Yeshwantpur. While the work on the project is still ongoing, so far, BDA has taken over over 2,200 acre land and 11 guntas to form 17,920 sites.
Of 17,920 plots formed, 5,000 sites have been allotted to general public and around 2,800 land parcels were allotted to site losers in Arkvathy Layout during 2016-17 in phase I. Under phase II, 4,971 sites have been allotted to the general applicants while 3,800 to land losers and 1,650 to those who gave up their land for infrastructure projects.
In order to provide relief to the allottees, BDA has relaxed few norms. This includes-
- Deadline for paying the upfront amount has been extended by a month. Earlier, the deadline was 60 days from the date of receiving letter.
- BDA has proposed to the state government to do away with the 10-year lock-in period. At present, the plan is to give 10-year lease-cum-sale deed which forbids them to sell the site for 10 years from date of allotment. If the proposal is accepted, applicants can get sale deed soon after payment of final due.
- BDA has also asked the government to allow the allottees to pay the dues in three equated quarterly instalments for sites worth Rs 1 crore.
- BDA has planned five commercial hubs and educational institutes along Major Arterial Road.
Demand for metro
Recently, allottees of KG Layout has written a letter to Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited to extend the metro rail service from Kengeri to Chellaghattta, Baiyapanahalli and MAR connecting Mysuru Road to Magadi Road which passes through the layout. Since the MAR is 330 meters wide, it has adequate space for accommodating metro pillars.
The allottees are facing tough time to construct a home at allotted sites. According to a media report, buyers have complained that the infrastructure is still not in place in either of the phases. Around 400 allottees have already surrendered the plots in Phase I. Apart from financial pressure and construction clause, buyers are quoting that most of the sites are in low lying areas and near to waterbodies, making construction difficult and costly.
KG Layout Scheme Application Method-
*Only Karnataka domicile holders are eligible to apply under the scheme
*Applicant must be 18 years of age on 31st January 2018
*Applicants should not own a site/house/flat or any other type of accommodation on ownership basis by BDA, Karnataka Housing Board or any other House Building Co-Operative Societies or any other agencies.
How to apply for KG Layout scheme
- Applicant need to visit the authorised bank and pay the applicable registration fee. Application forms are available at authorised bank branches of Canara Bank, Corporation Bank, Axis Bank, ICICI Bank, Syndicate Bank, Vijaya Bank & Yes Bank. These branches are located in Bangalore and also across Karnataka state.
- The bank will issue a Registration card. Application fee is Rs 400 for general category applicants and Rs 200 for others.
- After receiving the applications, the BDA will announce a ‘Provisional list’ of successful applicants.
- Once this process is completed, BDA will announce the ‘Final List of Allottees’. The successful allottees will have to pay the remaining dues as per the BDA rules within 60 days.
Sites under BDA KG Layout
KG Layout Pricing scheme
- EWS category- Rs 900 per sq ft
- 20X30 sites- Rs 1,800 per sq ft
- 30X40 sites- Rs 2,000 per sq ft
- 60X40 sites- Rs 2,200 per sq ft
- 80X50 sites- Rs 2,500 per sq ft
- Half of the total sites are reserved for General category. The remaining sites are reserved for SC/ST/BC/Govt employees/ Persons with disability etc.,
- The initial deposit payable this will be adjusted towards the final payment of site value, if the allotment is confirmed. The amount will be refunded to the applicant without any interest, if the applicant does not get selected.
- Sites are allocated based on seniority of the applicant.
Important Contact Numbers
Download the list of important contact numbers and helpline number of Bengaluru Development Authority.
Final allotment list for KG Layout Phase II
|1||Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Layout Final Site Allotment list (6X9 EWS & GEN)|
|2||Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Layout Final Site Allotment list (9X12)|
|3||Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Layout Final Site Allotment list (12X18)|
|4||Nadaprabhu Kempegowda Layout Final Site Allotment list (15X24)|