Relocating? Handy Tips To Deal With Movers And Packers
Shifting a house is no mean task as it involves a lot of planning. Although with the coming of shipping companies, relocating to a new place has become a lot easier. But, here is a word of caution. When you take professional help, ensure that you hire thorough professionals who have the experience and resources to carry out their job. However, there are chances that you may end up finalising an unsuitable and untrustworthy company.
MakaanIQ tells you how to smartly choose and deal with movers and packers company.
- These companies use quality packing material to pack each and every household item.
- They label every packed box properly so at to make it easier for you to locate.
- Handle and deliver every item carefully and safely to the right location and in the right time.
- They should have a detailed list of items packed and transferred.
- If you opt for an additional service, they will also help you unpack and arrange the items at your home.
- Understand the entire process by discussing with more than one shipping company.
- Take quotations from different companies and make an informed choice.
- Ask your friends, colleagues or neighbours who have used similar service. Or, ask for references from the company to ask past customers about their experience and the company's services.
- Do not trust any verbal commitment and get an agreement or contract for finalising the deal.
- Check if the company has a licence and ask about its permanent office and warehouse address. This way you would know where to contact in case of any loss or damage of your items.
- Read terms and conditions thoroughly and sign on the dotted line only when you are fully satisfied.
- Check the packing list to know about the number of items that you have and are required to move.
While relocating, there are chances that your items may get damaged or lost. There are many companies that offer insurance when a person relocates. Under such circumstances of damage or loss, you can make claims with the help of your movers and packers and after declaring the true value of your money.