Makaan.com allows home buyers to search property for INVESTMENT
Home buyers in India can be classified into two broad categories (a) users who buy the property for self use and (b) users who buy to grow their capital. Real Estate has grown as an asset class with more and more buyers looking at it as a preferred INVESTMENT option. Keeping the needs of these buyers in mind, Makaan.com, the fastest growing property website in India, today launched “INVEST” tab on their site. The “INVEST” functionality, which is currently in beta version, allows users to search properties that have given higher Rate of Appreciation (RoA) in the past years. Users can refine their search based on other popular filters like geographical preferences, budget, property type etc to arrive at a suitable shortlist.
Lets elucidate on how this new functionality will benefit the Investors:
- INVEST tab allows users to search properties based on Rate of Appreciation (RoA)
- Users can refine their search based on geographical preferences, budget, property type, bedrooms etc to arrive at a suitable shortlist
- Trend charts are available to track price movements; users can see historical and most recent price movements (a key requirement for an INVESTMENT)
- Users who want rental returns can see the expected rent for select properties
- Multiple properties can be compared to arrive at a shortlist
- Users can contact the seller thru “Instant Call back” feature
An internal study @ Makaan.com revealed that people INVEST in real estate to (a) secure their future with rental returns and / or (b) get capital appreciation. This functionality takes into account both these aspect and allows filtering based on individuals investment objectives. Makaan.com made use of its rich analytics strength i.e., Makaan.com Property Index (MPI), Makaan.com Buy Vs Rent Index (MBRI), Price Trends to come up with complex algorithm to launch this unique offering.
Speaking on the occasion, Aditya Verma, CEO Makaan.com said, “home buyers who want a property for self use, look at current and future requirements of their family, to zero down on the property specifications. The criteria for INVESTMENT is different and therefore there was a need for a differentiated product offering. We are sure, new INVEST functionality, the 1st of its kind in the Indian market, will cater to this need effectively and help a already large and growing population of people, realize their INVESTMENT dream”.