Home Sutra: Vastu Tips For Building The Perfect Entrance
The entrance is a crucial part of house designing. By simply looking at your entrance, people will form an opinion about you. This is the reason why Vastu lasy a lot of emphasis on designing house entrances. According to Vastu, the front doorway is the region from where positive or negative energies enter or leave the house.
Here’s a quick guide on making your main entrance Vastu-friendly:
- Designing the house with main door towards the north, the north-east, the east or the west is considered auspicious. The south and the south-west directions must be avoided as they disturb the positive energy flow by pulling negative energies inside the house.
- The house entrance should never be dark and dull. Make sure there is bright lighting in the area, especially during the evenings.
- Decorate the entrance with auspicious signs such as Om or Swastika to ward off evil energies.
- Do not place a mirror in front of the main door as it would reflect all the positive energies entering your house.
- De-cluttering the front door area and creating ample space is important to ensure proper circulation of energies. Remove obstructing things such as wires, big trees, poles or dustbins.