All About Housing Scheme For Journalists
To provide affordable and quality housing to journalists, many states have come up with welfare schemes providing eligible beneficiaries with homes at a subsidised prices. Such schemes are already implemented in states, including Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Telangana. Recently, Maharashtra also allotted a prime land in Mumbai for building a highrise society for journalists.
NTR Scheme: Recently, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu sanctioned Rs 100 crore for construction of housing units for journalists. These units will be allotted to all accredited journalists, benefitting around 19,000 scribes. So far, 5,200 applications have been received. Interested applicants can visit- https://apgovhousing.apcfss.in/journalistForm.do
- Journalist should have accreditation from the state government
- The applicant needs to provide residential proof in the form of Aadhaar or domicile certificate
- The applicants has to provide affidavit with regard to any benefits in the form of house/plot/flat from any other authority or under any government housing scheme.
- The house has to be registered in the name of wife or matter.
- Journalists in rural areas will be provided houses under NTR Housing Scheme and Centrally Sponsored Scheme.
- Journalist will have four options- 1BHK – 365 sq ft (Rs 6.65 lakh), 2BHK- 430 sq ft (Rs 7.65 lakh), 3BHK- 720 sq ft (Rs 11.52 lakh)
- Under the NTR Scheme for journalists, Rs 1.5 lakh each will be provided by state and central government while Rs 1 lakh each will be paid by PR department. The balance amount has to be arranged by the applicant
The Maharashtra government has allocated 33,000 sq ft land for building a highrise society in Kandivali for journalists. Out of which 50 per cent will be reserved for political press reporters. The chief promoter of the scheme is Navodaya Patrakar CHS Ltd. Over 250 homes will be allotted in this scheme and will be implemented by the Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (Mhada).