Questions You Should Ask During Site Visit
A site visit, when planning to buy your dream home, is a one of the critical steps in the whole home buying process. This is one of the defining step towards making a decision. But, before you take that once-in-a-lifetime decision, here are questions that you should be asking:
- What are the amenities offered? The projects have different amenities, including clubhouse, indoor and outdoor gaming arcades, health centres, among others. These amenities might come inclusive of apartment cost, or might be restricted to certain residents who pay an extra fee for these amenities.
- What is the average cost of maintenance? This is important, especially, if the project has plenty of amenities. The cost of maintenance might be high in such case.
- Know the brand name of fittings and electricals used. This will give you an idea of the quality of construction.
- Does the developer guarantee and take up the responsibility of repairs? Some developers offer this service. It might help reduce your insurance costs.
- Are there are any pre-approvals for loans by bankers? If so, which banks have pre-approved it? This will have an impact on the loan processing time.
- Are there any interest subvention schemes available? If a developer offers to pay interest on the loans till possession, it is a guarantee that your project will be delivered on time.
- It is important to know about the upcoming infrastructural projects in the vicinity. Better roads, railways and other networks would raise the value of your home.
- Check the legality of the construction. Make sure the developers has all the legal documents in place.
- There have been several cases in the recent past where home buyers have to wait for very long before they get possession of their homes. Do check with the developer the delivery date of the project.