10 Interesting points about DDA's Housing Scheme
The Delhi Development Authority (DDA) has rolled out the much awaited 2014 Housing Scheme, which has 25,034 flats on offer. The Housing Scheme has generated a lot of interest in the general public. Here are some interesting pointers about DDA's 2014 Housing Scheme.
1. Cheapest flat of the housing scheme is priced at 5.4 lakh. This is a Janta flat which is located in Raghubir Nagar.
2. Costliest flat of the 2014 housing scheme will cost Rs 1.2 crore. This HIG flat is in Motia Nagar locality.
3. Most flats are located in Narela, Rohini and Dwarka. Other flats are located in Vasant Kunj, Jasola, Kalyan Vihar, Mukherjee Nagar and Motia Khan.
4. Unlike the previous schemes, this time the application forms will not be available at DDA headquarters located in Vikas Sadan. Apart form this, forms will not be accepted at the DDA headquarters.
5. Reservation Quota: 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST, 1% for war widows, 3% for disabled, 1% for ex-servicemen.
6. DDA's website crashed on the launch of the scheme, most of counters authorized by the DDA to sell forms also ran out of application forms.
7. The housing scheme application form is a single page form. One person can submit only one form.
8. Rs.150 is the cost of scheme brochure, if the brochure has been downloaded online then Rs. 150 will have to be paid separately while submitting the form.
9. It is expected that the draw of lots will be held between 25th October and 31st October. The Housing Authority has promised to give the possession of all flats by March 2015.
10. Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) will conduct the draw of lots. This is the same organization that held the draw of lots for DDA’s 2010 housing scheme.